We prefer applicants from Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs in clinical or counseling psychology. Stronger consideration will be given to applicants from APA-accredited programs. Applicants should have a minimum of 500 intervention hours on the AAPI by the application due date (see below for due date). All coursework, practicum experience, and comprehensive examinations required for the doctoral degree should be completed (or in progress) prior to the rank order list submission deadline, and must be completed prior to the internship start date. Applications are not considered complete until all materials are received. Individuals who are currently receiving mental health care at the CHC, or who have received these clinical services in the past, are not eligible to apply to Colonial Health Center graduate training programs or postdoctoral fellowships.
To be considered for the internship of the academic year 2020-2021, all application materials must be uploaded on to the AAPI Online by Friday, November 1, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. (EST). Interview notifications will be sent no later than December 15, 2019. Interviews will be conducted in December or first week of January. Match Day for Phase I is February 21, 2020.
**Please note that the portal will close at 3:00 p.m. EST. The information on the APPIC Directory stating 11:59 p.m. is inaccurate due to limitations with the website.**
Please visit the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) website for more information regarding general application procedures. Our APPIC match number is 118911.
To apply electronically, please follow instructions for the AAPI Online. Please make sure that your AAPI includes the following:
- A cover letter that includes information about your interests and how our program fits with your experience, training goals, and longer term career plans
- Vita detailing educational, training, practicum, and employment experiences
- Official transcripts of graduate coursework
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from persons familiar with your recent clinical/counseling work.
- Completed and accurate Part I of the AAPI
- Academic Program's Verification of Internship Eligibility and Readiness
- COVID-19: Counseling Updates and Resources
- Stepped Care Counseling
- Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Hotlines and Resources
- Mental Health Assessments
- Off-Campus Counseling Referrals
- Train With Us
- Psychology Externships
- Predoctoral Counselor Education Externship Program
- Doctoral Internship in Health Service Psychology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship