Counseling and Psychological Services in the Colonial Health Center is offering a 10 month, 20-24 hour/week interdisciplinary training opportunity for masters-level graduate students in fields such as clinical social work and counseling.
- Must be currently enrolled in a masters-level clinical social work or counseling program.
- Must have at least one semester or year of prior counseling experience, ideally with a population and setting comparable to CAPS (we are not able to accept practicum students).
- Interns will receive primary supervision from CAPS clinicians with licenses in fields of counseling, social work, and psychology, and depending on developmental level may receive secondary supervision from post-doctoral fellows and pre-doctoral psychology interns.
- Interns must be able to commit to the full academic year from approximately August 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020.
- Orientation training will take place throughout August 2019, so interns are expected to be available beginning August 1.
- Additionally, interns are expected to be on-site on Tuesdays from 9:00am - 3:00pm for group training experiences.
- The positions are unpaid and require 20-24 hours/ week.
Core training experiences include:
- Direct clinical service hours (approx. 8-10 hours/wk)
- Supervision (including 2 hours individual and 1 hour group supervision)
- Didactic Seminar (Bi-weekly 1 hour Diversity Seminar/1 hour Training Seminar)
- Campus Outreach/Meetings, when available
Interested applicants are required to submit: 1) a cover letter, 2) CV, and 3) Two (2) letters of reference via email to [email protected].
- Early deadline application submission for priority consideration is:
- Friday January 25, 2019 by 5pm (EST).
- Final deadline for application submission is:
- Friday, February 15, 2019 by 5 pm (EST).
In-person interviews for selected applicants will be held in February and March.
If you are interested, or have additional questions, please contact [email protected].
- Stepped Care Counseling
- Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Hotlines and Resources
- Mental Health Assessments
- Off-Campus Counseling Referrals
- Train With Us