All immunization forms are submitted online through the student portal. The District of Columbia Immunization Law requires that all students born after August 1, 1993 for Fall 2019 admits and January 1, 1993 for Spring 2019 admits, provide proof of certain immunizations prior to registration.
Newly-admitted undergraduate, graduate, non-degree, or transfer students at the George Washington University (GW) who fit the above criteria are required to provide proof of immunization or they will incur a registration hold on their student account.
For questions, please email [email protected] or call 202-994-5300 option #3.
All students must have forms submitted by:
August 1st for Fall Admits
January 1st for Spring Admits
In order to properly submit your immunization record, please follow the following instructions:
- Click here to access the patient portal and sign-in with your GW Email Address ([email protected]) and password. Ensure that you are trying to log on in Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
- Click on the “Medical Clearances” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Under “Medical Clearances” click on the green “Update” button to upload a photo or scan of your immunization record. Please ensure that all documents are legible.
- Please note: If you are waiving your Meningococcal vaccination, upload the waiver form here as well.
- Click on each the green “Update” button next to each type of immunization and enter in the dates of immunization. You must enter in all of your dates for the required immunizations in order for us to verify your record.
- Once you have updated all of your immunization dates, a staff member at CHC will review your record. Please check back by September 1st for Fall entrants/February 1st for Spring entrants to see if your immunization clearance was satisfied.
In order to add new documentation to update your immunization record please do the following:
- Click Medical Clearance.
- Click Green update button next to "Immunization Record". This will allow you to update your documentation only.
- DO NOT Click on the specific vaccination you are trying to update.
*Please note you cannot change previously entered information, updating your document will prompt us to make the necessary changes to the appropriate vaccination(s).