The Colonial Health Center provides various educational programs and resouces to equip students with the knowledge they need to make informed, healthy decisions regarding substance use. Students can participate in group workshops, one on one meetings that provide personalized feedback and/or group counseling sessions to learn about how substance use impacts the body and to develop strategies for reducing their risk for negative consequences due to use.
We offer the following:
One on one meetings:
- Educational Substance Use Assessment (Alcohol and Marijuana)
- Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS)
- Brief Screening and Intervention for Marijuana
In addition to providing educational opportunities for students to learn about substance use, the Colonial Health Center encourages all George Washington University (GW) community members to familiarize themselves with university policies and laws related to alcohol and other drugs, including:
- Alcohol Beverage Consumption and Distribution (ABCD) Policy
- Alcohol Medical Amnesty Program
- Good Samaritan Statement
- Federal and State Laws Concerning Alcohol and Drugs
Policies concerning alcohol and other drugs are coordinated through the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities.