Safe, non-judgmental and confidential counseling
We serve GW students and engage the entire GW community, working to build a culture of support and connection with student well-being. We support mental health and personal development by collaborating directly with students to overcome challenges and difficulties that may interfere with academic, emotional, and personal success. Our counselors provide a safe, non-judgmental and confidential environment for students to discuss concerns. We are committed to respecting and promoting the value of diversity at the university, as well as providing culturally sensitive counseling and psychological services to the GW community.
Our brief, individualized, stepped care model of counseling, strives to provide students with ample opportunities to:
- develop greater insight and self-understanding
- identify and solve problems
- reduce emotional distress
- improve cognitive, emotional, academic, and social functioning
- explore and understand cultural and other identities
Our work also involves information, trainings, and tools to help students, staff, faculty, and family members. Together, we can achieve a climate of emotional well-being where each student can engage thoughtfully as an active community member and support their fellow students.
No appoinments are needed!
To get connected with a CAPS clinician please call 202-994-5300 during our daily 12:00-4:00 virtual walk-in hours
Counseling support is also available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling 202-994-5300
- COVID-19: Counseling Updates and Resources
- Stepped Care Counseling
- Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Hotlines and Resources
- Mental Health Assessments
- Off-Campus Counseling Referrals
- Train With Us