The District of Columbia Immunization Law requires that all students under the age of 26 enrolled at the University, provide proof of certain immunizations prior to registration. Newly-admitted undergraduate, graduate, non-degree, or transfer students at the George Washington University (GW) who fit the above criteria are required to provide proof of immunization or they will incur a registration hold on their student account. All immunization forms are submitted online through the student portal at mychc.gwu.edu
For questions, please email [email protected] or call 202-994-5300 option #4.
All students must have all forms submitted by:
- August 1st for Fall Admits
- January 1st for Spring Admits
How to Submit Your Immunization Record
In order to properly submit your immunization record, please see the following instructions:
- Click here to access the patient portal and sign-in with your GW Email Address ([email protected]) and password. Ensure that you are trying to log on in Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
- Click on the “Medical Clearances” tab on the left side of the screen.
- Under “Medical Clearances” click on the green “Update” button to upload a photo or scan of your immunization record. Please ensure that all documents are legible.
- Please note: If you are waiving your Meningococcal vaccination, upload the waiver form here as well.
- Click on each the green “Update” button next to each type of immunization and enter in the dates of immunization. You must enter in all of your dates for the required immunizations in order for us to verify your record.
- Once you have updated all of your immunization dates, a staff member at CHC will review your record. Please check back by September 1st for Fall and February 1st for Spring to see if your immunization clearance was satisfied or not.
In order to add new documentation to update your immunization record please do the following:
- Click on the "Medical Clearances" tab.
- Click on the green update button next to "Immunization Record". This will allow you to update your documentation only.
- DO NOT Click on the specific vaccination you are trying to update.
- *Please note you cannot change previously entered information, updating your document will prompt us to make the necessary changes to the appropriate vaccination(s).
- One Tetanus Diphtheria booster or Tdap vaccine given within the last 10 years.
- Two vaccinations against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) given after age one and a minimum of 30 days apart, or provide laboratory proof of immunity.
- Two vaccinations against Varicella (Chicken Pox) given given after age one and a minimum of 30 days apart, or provide history of Varicella (Chicken Pox) disease, or provide laboratory proof of immunity.
- Three vaccinations against Hepatitis B: dose two given 30 days after dose one, dose three given five months after dose two, or according to the Hepatitis accelerated schedule, or provide laboratory proof of immunity.
- One Meningococcal vaccine (ACYW-135) given on or after their 16th birthday, or a signed Waiver Request Form (PDF).
- One Influenza vaccine for the 2020-2021 flu season, please find the Influenza policy information here.
- International Students need required immunizations and are also strongly encouraged to complete a TB screening (PPD).
***For the Fall 2020 Semester, all immunizations will be done by appointment only. Please call 202-994-5300 to schedule an immunization***
Medical Services offers certain vaccines, including those recommended for travelers by the CDC:
- Gardasil (HPV) (requires three doses) - $250/each
- Hepatitis A (requires two doses) - $100/each
- Hepatitis B (requires three doses) - $85/each
- Hepatitis B (two dose) - $130/each
- Hepatitis A/B/Twinrix - $135/each
- Influenza - $25 (seasonal)
- Injection Charge - $5/each
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) - $140 (one dose after 16th birthday)
- Meningococcol B (Trumenba and Bexsero) - $180
- MMR (requires two doses) - $100/each
- Polio (IPV) - $50
- PPD (TB Test) - $20
- Tetanus/diphtheria and Pertussis - $60
- Tetanus/diphtheria - $60
- TwinRx (Hepatitis A&B - requires three doses) - $135/each
- Typhoid - $130
- Varicella/Chickenpox (requires two doses) - $150/each
Testing for Immunity (Titers)
- Hepatitis B Surface Antibody Test (Titer/Blood Test) - $25
- MMR Antibody Test (Titer/Blood Test) - $50
- Varicella Antibody Test (Titer/Blood Test) - $25
Students seeking exemption from the immunization requirement for medical or religious reasons must submit:
- A letter from a medical clinician or religious clergy stating the reason for a need for exemption.
- Copy of MMR and Varicella Titer results.
- Please visit back for submission for the Fall 2020 semester requirements.
Your student account will incur a registration hold if complete immunization records are not received by our office by the deadline required. After we receive your complete immunization records, the hold will be lifted. To see if your hold has been lifted:
- Login to the GWeb Info System.
- Select: Student Records & Registration -> Student Records Information Menu -> View Administrative Holds.
- If you see "Incomplete Immunization Status," it means that your record was either not received or is incomplete. If there is no Student Health hold listed, your record is received and complete.