Many students manage the normal, day-to-day stresses and challenges of college on their own, or with the support of friends and family and/or faith and other communities. In addition to the support of loved ones, information and basic guidance through the Colonial Health Center's Self Help Library can provide you with information and education that can help resolve personal difficulties and help you acquire the skills, attitudes, and knowledge that will enable you to take full advantage of your experiences at GW.
At the Colonial Health Center, we know that maintaining mental health and wellbeing allows Colonials to excel in your personal and academic goals. Here, you'll find mindfulness tools and support to address anxiety, depression, trauma, and grief. You can also discover ways to build better relationships.
- Alcohol Use - Get the Facts (pdf)
- Anxiety - Get the Facts (pdf)
- Build Better Relationships (pdf)
- Depression - Get the Facts (pdf)
- Grief & Loss - Get the Facts (pdf)
- Mindful Eating (pdf)
- Mindfulness (pdf)
- Mood Management Apps & Websites (pdf)
- Recommended Film Therapy (pdf)
- Recommended Mindfulness Apps and Websites (pdf)
- Recommended Reading Therapy (pdf)
- Recommended YouTube Therapy (pdf)
- Self-Care Tips (pdf)
- Suicide Signs and Risks (pdf)
The Colonial community is a community that cares for one another. Find resources here to help identify members of the community who might be struggling, discover tips on how to help a friend, and learn how we can all help each other cope with tragedy.
Colonials are busy and it can be challenging to learn how to manage your schedule when pulled in many directions. Learn how to manage time, address procrastination, and reduce test anxiety--all while keeping sleep and self-care a priority.
- Stepped Care Counseling
- Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Hotlines and Resources
- Mental Health Assessments
- Off-Campus Counseling Referrals
- Train With Us